Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_vote_lcapNew Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_voting_barNew Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_vote_lcapNew Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_voting_barNew Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) I_vote_rcap 
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) Empty
PostSubject: New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)   New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) EmptyTue Jun 18, 2013 3:23 pm

I am proposing a new rule that could give players the ability to skip post order under certain, limited circumstances.

As we all know, StoryArcs can be held up quickly when there is two or more people other than you participating. One player may vanish from the site for four days at a time and leave your Story hanging. It essentially ends the post in most occasions. I find this tedious and irritating, because it halts briliant story writing simply because a member undegoes computer difficulties or simply forgets the post.

I, am not to fond of this rule idea, because it could be out of the player's hands why they have not responded. However, I do see that some members may see a need for the ability to skip post order if the nonresponsive member has not made an attempt to post in three to four days...

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)   New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 4:50 pm

I feel that would be a good idea. Most sites actually do have this sort of system, where it is acceptable to skip a post in the posting order due to negligence of the thread by a specific member. Having one set for maybe 3 or 4 days late would be a good plan in my opinion. Plus, it keeps the chance of having a dead thread minimal. We'd be a lot more active. 
Course, does this apply even to users who have set up a reason for their absence? Would it be considered unfair if someone were to skip a user who was unfortunately absent because of a family problem, vacation time or sick day, and actually wanted to post back but lost their chance? 
Maybe if the user or someone close/in contact with the user could post a reason for their absence this rule might not need to apply. But if it's an unexplained circumstance then we would be perfectly fine to skip, especially if the user gives up their turn to let the story continue until they're free to reply again. 
Thoughts? I do think this rule would be good, but we need a way to determine its applications. 

Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)   New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Hmmmm... In cases where they post an actual "departure" or "temporary leave posts", I feel it should be up to that person ya know? Cause if they are going to be gone, say a week or two and dont wanna miss their chance to post; I feel we can be patient and wait.

However, with no sign of activity or even someone to speak up for why they are gone, I feel it would be okay to do so, but only if the person being skipped has not left notification not to do so otherwise.

Once again, I feel this is a tyrannical rule that will create problems in the future. It will create un rest and make members upset when they are skipped by, especially for legitimate reasons that are out of their control. Say a brother or a mother dies, and the site is the LAST thought on their minds for a good week or two. Then they come back to HeroVerse to submerge themselves away from their hectic life just to find that they have been skipped by.

I certainly would be upset. This is an extremely controversial rule, tis why I wish to have as much input on it as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)   New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Skip Rule...? Possibly? (Members Rules Discussion*)
Page 1 of 1