Heroverse
Heroverse
Heroverse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Universe where heroes of all kinds roam

GalleryHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Leadership
Founder

Top posters
TheDusk
Nightingale I_vote_lcapNightingale I_voting_barNightingale I_vote_rcap 
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
kickedballoon
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
TheDusk
Zenaki
Genius.
Langdon Xristo
Muppet
Bloom Rose
Fuu
kickedballoon

Nightingale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kickedballoon

kickedballoon

Nightingale Empty
PostSubject: Nightingale   Nightingale EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:41 am

Character Sheet

-Basic-

Name: Nightingale
Secret identity: Emilie Sagaldo
Race: Human, Mexican
Day Job: Local Shop selling international goods with cousin/Sells her paintings
Character alignment: Chaotic Good

-Cares and Hates-

Cares: Painting, helping those in need, her best friend and cousin Michelle Salgado, singing, having fun with friends
Wants: Wants to bring peace and prosperity to all; Wants to protect those close to her, and will do anything in her power to make it so; Wants to express herself freely
Needs: Needs to live without limitation; Needs to be hands-on in her lines of work
Hate: Limitation, selfishness
Fear: Losing control of any situation or even herself
Passion: Painting is her passion; She loves to express her thoughts and feelings through the stroke of a brush.

-Looks:

Normal Appearance: https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/v/t34.0-12/10345102_845590658789062_1484507859_n.jpg?oh=9ae3710729a8ee032079ee1cd0502e94&oe=537B9B8B

Superheroine Appearance: https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10380281_848470185167776_7358719798922234547_n.jpg?oh=93e757f906e36e2f56cd7dac8489c851&oe=537B5B18

Appearance: Emilie is a young woman of average height, with a proportionate hourglass body. Being Latino, she has tan, soft skin. She has warm, honey colored eyes that vary as her mood changes. She has short and curly, brass red hair. She kept some of it longer so she could braid it, seen in the first picture. She often likes to wear lighter clothes in her everyday apparel, though since she's more adjusted to hotter temperatures, she'll layer up a lot during the colder months. In her superheroine outfit, the main sections of the bodysuit are black, and the hood and main design around her waist and upper back is a deep purple shade. The cuffs around her wrists and upper ankles are silver, along with the clasp keeping the hood together.
Height: 5'5”
Weight: 130

-Important Info-

Personality: Emilie is very driven person, with the driving forces being whatever is happening around her. She's the kind of person to take charge if need be, choosing to take initiative, though she has a tendency of getting a little ahead of herself at times. Being quite the extrovert, she has no problem talking to strangers and speaking her mind, though when it comes to the deeper thoughts and feelings within herself, she keeps those close, showing only to a select few people who she can truly trust. She's quite open minded to different concepts and ideas, and expresses her own ideas, thoughts, and feelings through her paintings. Emilie accepts people as who they are, not by some preset of how someone should be expected to behave. She cares deeply about helping those in need, though her ways of solving this are quite unconventional. It's common for her to steal from those more well off and not think twice about it if it'll bring someone struggling to stay on their feet off of the ground. She can't stand selfishness, and if someone is showing such a quality she has no quarrel setting them in their place. A natural leader and nurturer, she aims to bring happiness and prosperity to those in need of it and hopes to bring about some good change to the world.

Background: Emilie's early origins began in the farming town of Tanrio in southern Mexico run by a greedy landowner going by the name Mr. Grimm, living off of just the bare basics. She had a family of four, consisting of herself, her father, and her older sister Reena, and her late mother. Her mother had died right after giving birth to Emilie for unknown causes, leaving the family heartbroken. Her three older siblings had already moved out and gotten their own families started, so it was left to her to take care of her aging father. She didn't mind, though, for she enjoyed caring for others, especially those she cherished most (like her father). After her father's imminent death, she was taken in by her eldest sibling, her 25 year old sister Reena, at the age of 14.
This wasn't the best living situation, for Reena's husband Mark was an unstable drunkard, and Reena became severely depressed. Mark made Emilie into a slave for them, forcing her to work on both the house and other errands with Reena. Though it was extremely rough, both Reena and Emilie fought every day with each other, though they felt practically defenseless against Mark's totalitarian based way of living. As Emilie grew, she became more and more defiant, and it was through realizing her superpowers that she managed make a living for herself outside this broken home through her school. Four years later, she witnessed her sister's murder by Mark's hand, and he was put in prison for life.
With no where to go, she was left to raise herself from then on. She stuck around her poor village, seeing the misfortunes occurring from day to day due to the lack of care by Mr. Grimm, so she used her powers to steal food from his storage to hand to her people. To do this, she had found her suit and hood while digging up the remnants of her old home as a gift from her late father. She played this role as a Robin Hood figure during the late hours of the night, keeping her identity secret among the villagers. Becoming a legend of the night, the townspeople began to call this mysterious savior “Nightingale”, a term brought upon someone who had outside knowledge of this bird, for she sang/hummed songs from her father and other melodies around the village as a way to let them know that she had arrived with food for them. During the day, she would help the villagers with their daily labors, though many looked upon her with pity. One of her late father's old friends was partial to her, and kept her as well as he and his family could. It was here that she also trained to fight and to sharpen her mind for whenever dangers arose.
Emilie continued this double life until she was caught one night by Mr. Grimm himself, who was waiting for her. Worse came to worst with the interaction, and Mr. Grimm threatened to make the whole village suffer if she didn't rid herself from the area by the next night. And so she left with a heavy heart, packing what she could from her home and headed out into the unknown. She ended up traveling up to Mexico City and made a home for herself there, found a job and at first was homeless until she was able to save enough up for herself. She also took up painting as a passion, and was able to sell her art as well as keep her job up. Her cousin Michelle (and close relative from a young age) from Detroit, Michigan had heard of Emilie's current situation, and made contact with her. Eventually, they worked out meeting up and Emilie's eventual move to Detroit with Michelle, which is where she now currently resides. Coincidentally, she ends up living in the same apartment as Terry's (Dusk) as his neighbor and future friend.

-Powers -

Superpowers: The ability to consciously morph herself into any nonliving object she chooses and shift through it as she pleases, though the ability to morph into living organisms still has yet to be proven. She can only morph herself into solidified objects, not liquids or gases, and the solid objects can't be that was directly grown such as corn on the cob or an apple. The object can't be something less than half of her mass, for she can only go part way through and not all the way, though that can still be considered useful, for she can go through these objects with an extremity, but not her entire self at one time. The ability for her to cause objects to morph into her is something still yet to be proven as well. Also, she can't take other objects with her as she shifts into another object, it can only be her. Examples include going into a wall and moving around that wall, or a door, and maybe even a toaster.

Weakness: Since there isn't a direct weakness for Nightingale besides the fact that she's mortal, the way to make her have less access to her powers is through placing her into an environment where she cannot use her powers (such as a huge body of water or her falling from a high place without an object to grab onto that can fit her mass into it).

Gear: Her body suit and hood/mask, a belt with some gadgets and gizmos that include smoke bombs, lockpicks, a hook shot, shurikens, and other assortments of the like.

-Roleplay Sample-

Roleplay Sample: In the shadows cast by the moon's pale glow, a lone woman lurked about the restless night of Detroit. A huntress on the trail, determination in every footstep, she traversed to where she was to find her target. Leading her to the wooded outskirts of the broken city, she found herself tucked deep in the forest. There, she thought. An old mansion, owned by some powerful people. But more importantly, rich people. She grinned, happy to have found the location of her mission. After a scope of the area, she made haste and ran quietly to the side of the house, and merged into the wall.
She traveled up to the second floor and followed the wall into what appeared to be a luxurious study, and also an empty one. She removed herself from the wall and darted her eyes around at all the treasures decorating the walls, the desk, atop the fireplace, and all the dusty books sitting on the bookshelves. Sadly, none of this was what she came for. Her eyes caught onto a little wooden chest sitting on one of the bookshelves. She walked over as quiet as she could towards it, and gazed at it for a moment before opening it. A wide smile stretched across her face as she took out a simple ring with the inscription “C.H.” etched on the outer part of it. The creak of the door could be heard in the next instant.
An older man came walking in, a cane by his side. He switched the lights on and cautiously made his way through the room. He took a few moments to look all around the room, particularly by the bookshelves for a bit longer than a second. Noticing nothing out of the ordinary, he hobbled his way out of the room and closed the door. Not too long after, she emerged from the bookshelf and before making her escape, she planted a decoy of the ring in the chest. She took off towards the wall by the window where she entered from not too long before and once again merged into the wall and moved her way out of the mansion. It has been a long time since she last did this, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

The next morning, a middle aged man wakes in his run down apartment deep within the works of Detroit. Groaning, he lifts his heavy body from his bed and rubs his face with his hands, trying to wake himself. Just like any other typical morning, he gets himself ready for another day of work. As he is finished dressing and freshening up, he takes to the kitchen to fix up some coffee...something is different though. He takes his glazed eyes to the table to discover a blank envelope neatly resting in the middle. Hesitating, he picks it up slowly and notices it carrying something small but with a bit of weight to it. Opening it up, he stands in utter shock as he pulls out a ring...his late wife's ring. And a card. He pulls out the card and sees an insignia – a picture of a Nightingale.
Back to top Go down
TheDusk

TheDusk

Male Posts : 189

Nightingale Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nightingale   Nightingale EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 2:58 am

Power: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Weapon Skill: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Logic: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Durability: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Speed: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Combat Skill: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master
Tech Skill: Beginner/Novice/Adept/Advanced/Expert/Master

Power: Nightingale's ability to transcend and form into materials is impressive, but not extremely dangerous

Weapon Skill: Nightingale has weapons like her shurikens for self defense, but has received no formal training besides her own experience.

Logic: Nightingale is cunning, knowing her ways as a talented cat burglar and con artist. She is also quite adept in her moral nature.

Durability: Emilie is only a human and has no other protection.

Speed: Nightingale uses her dexterity to slip in and out of situations and she is proficient in being quick.

Combat Skill: Growing up in a rough slum, Nightingale knows how to weasel out of a fight; but has no formal training.

Tech Skill: Emilie has no outstanding skill in technologies.
Back to top Go down

Nightingale
Page 1 of 1